My name is Jamin & this website has been undergoing a major overhaul in terms of what’s going on. What used to be a sad attempt at blogging about my own adventure in being a parent is being renewed into what I hope will be an encouraging resource for anyone looking to reconnect (or maybe connect for the first time) with God, especially other parents who are realizing that this raising kids thing can’t be done on our own. I apologize for not saying much more at the moment, but suffice it to say that answers are incoming. Thanks for visiting—I hope you find something here that you can take with you as you navigate the wild, reckless, fun, dangerous, beautiful, and sometimes dark waters of following Christ alongside myself and so many others! You are not alone.
I thought I’d give you a brief tour, so to start here’s a couple of things that will help you to quickly become a part of the Frayed Parent community:
- Subscribe! Using apps like Google Reader, or other RSS Feed Readers bring this blog directly to you, like a digital version of the morning paper. You won’t have to worry about finding your way back because each new Frayed Parent post will come directly to you.
- SHARE! If you like what you read, and I hope you do, take a second to share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, eMail, etc. To be honest, this is the best way for me to gauge what you may be looking to walk away with when you visit.
- Follow me on Twitter! (@frayedparent) I have comments turned-off because I want to this to be an encouraging place where I can share what God has laid on my heart—I’m not looking to debate theology, and quite frankly I just don’t have time to moderate comments. If you would like to connect with me in a more personal way, this is probably the best way to do so! Just know that twitter is luxury that I don’t always get a lot of time for, so while I will work to address any direct contact you make, don’t worry too much about it if I don’t follow you or anything—again, I just don’t have the time to keep up with everyone and everything going on in the digital world. I’m too busy having fun with my family and working on resources to offer you here!
Below, I’ve listed a handful of Frayed Parent articles that you might be interested in to get you started:
- Read the About page to find out more about this blog.
- Check out my first series (with an extremely long name) called, “The Evolution of a Frayed Parent: A Series Documenting My Metamorphosis from ‘Married Guy’ to ‘Dad’.” to find out a little bit about my own journey into parenthood.
- Read “The Horrifying Truth About Parenting: ‘It Goes So Fast’” for a little perspecitve.
- Download some free desktop wallpapers for your computer